XW-80-600V after two years

Dave Angelini
Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
OK they announced it! I have wanted this tool in my box for a long time. I really thought with this nasty recession that this project would be canceled.

Love them or not, it is a very nice piece of work. The state of the art commercially for this wide of conversion range. Thanks to all the folks involved in any of the new CC's that are coming out!

The Xantrex high voltage charge controller XW MPPT – 80 - 600
  • 600 vdc 80 amp charge controller for 24VDC and 48VDC nominal battery systems.
  • 24 months and up to 12 years of logs.
  • Negative, positive, or ungrounded with PV GFCI.
  • Boost algorithm for battery maintenance.
  • Can power its own system control panel for those with another brand of inverter.
  • ½ WATT loss at night.
  • No relay sounds.
  • Variable speed fan that I never had come on all summer with a 1600-watt array.
  • Room for 3 strings and fuses but not listed for fuses internally. A lot of room though...
  • Xanbus enabled. Aux output for alarms etc.
  • Current limits at 23 amps on solar input. NEC compliance would require #10 AWG with 75C insulation.
  • MPPT range 195V to 600V with a shut down at 550V for protection. I saw efficiency in the mid 90's with a 24V nominal battery
  • 500 foot + array to house distances with wire gages that are easy to work with & less expensive wire.
  • Conversion from a battery less inverter without having to go up on the roof to rewire.
  • Balance of system components and install times are reduced dramatically.

I was told availability in early 2011.

Complies with FCC class B devices.

5 year warranty.
The "fast sweep" is between 40 and 100 miliseconds depending on load. They are saying 65 units in the warehouse mid February.
"we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
   htps://offgridsolar1.com/
E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net