Morningstar SureSine 300 Watt Inverter AC output voltage low?

Muskoka
Muskoka Solar Expert Posts: 103 ✭✭
Guy's, need some numbers when you get a minute. I know there's a bunch here with this inverter, just wondering what AC voltage your seeing from your inverters? I have a Xantrex ProSine 1800 Watt as well that gives a constant 120-121 volts output, the SureSine is constantly in the 109-111 volt range. It's closer to the batteries than the Xantrex (SureSine is 3.5 ft. from batteries), and I have #4 AWG connected to the unit coming from my common busbars. My loads are a constant 95 watts.

I just measured the ac output voltage at the terminals on the unit and it was 111.8 volts, 840ah battery bank is full. It's working fine, just curious why the voltage is low(er), was expecting it to be closer to the rated 115 volts. If others are in this range I guess it's nothing to worry about, if not I'll have to contact Morningstar and see what they have to say.

Thanks.....Glen

Comments

• westyd1982
    westyd1982 Solar Expert Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Re: Morningstar SureSine 300 Watt Inverter AC output voltage low?

Mine runs around 110v also. Morningstar lists it as running at 115v +/-10% (Section 8 - page 15 of the operator's manual).
  • Muskoka

Thanks, yes just saw that. Only looked at the front page "115 @ 60 Hz". That's quite a wide range? The ProSine is 120v +- 3%, no load.

Glen
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

Mine runs at 112 vac, regardless of load.

Tony
  • Slappy
    Slappy Solar Expert Posts: 251 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Running 110v here also by the kill-o-watt meter.
  • Muskoka

Thanks guys, nothing to be concerned about, we're all about the same.

Glen