Grid Support Volts 50V
Sell Disabled
Max sell Amps 0A
Load shave Enabled
Load Shave 20Amp
Load Shave Start 2:10 am
Load Shave Stop 6:11 am

F/W REV. 1.07.bn 3

The xw6048 starts load shaving any time the battery volts are over 50v ignoring the load shave Start and stop times.
How do I fix this? Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Joe_B
    Joe_B Solar Expert Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: xw6048 load shaving problem

Unfortunately, your system is doing what they all do. I have the same issue and the only way to fix it is if schneider releases firmware to fix it. There are rumors that there is a firmware update in the works but I have been waiting for it since last March. The way I got around it was switching the AC1 with a contactor but that is not load shaving. Welcome to the XW victims club, there are lots of bugs in the firmware for you to discover!
  • BKY2003
    BKY2003 Registered Users Posts: 7

What is a contactor? Is that like a water heater timer to control time of output?
  • Joe_B
    Joe_B Solar Expert Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Well it is like a big relay. I use one to disconnect AC1 from the grid when I want to run off solar or battery. Technically this is not load shaving but it works for me. I have spoken to tech support MANY times over the past few years about a lot of bugs and they are really not much help. I am thinking that I know how this system works better than thay do. In any case, if you want to do the contactor thing, you will need some way to control it. I use a victron battery monitor.