Need help with a magnum energy AGS

Hello,
I have a ME-AGS stand alone automatic genset start module. It came with the network wiring. My system is not networked. I am looking for a used stand alone enable/off/test switch panel. Or if someone has one and is able to determine the pinout for the switch module that would work also. So far all I have is that pins 3 &4 are the room temp sensor. Need the information for pin 1&2 and 5&6.

Comments

• stillchillin
    stillchillin Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭✭
    Re: Need help with a magnum energy AGS

I have a ME- AGS-N and currently use it to start my generator but it is networked to my magnum inverter. It works perfectly but you need the remote to program it. Try magnumenergy.com for more help they have a nice site
    18- 235 W Kyocera panel, 12- 4-KS-25PS Rolls 1350 Ah, Magnum MS4448PAE, ME RC50, ME AGS, Outback FM 80, Generac 8KW LP generator, 6.5 Honda Portable generator
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Need help with a magnum energy AGS
    Hello,
    I have a ME-AGS stand alone automatic genset start module. It came with the network wiring. My system is not networked. I am looking for a used stand alone enable/off/test switch panel. Or if someone has one and is able to determine the pinout for the switch module that would work also. So far all I have is that pins 3 &4 are the room temp sensor. Need the information for pin 1&2 and 5&6.

You are probably looking at an AGS-N (networked) rather than AGS-S (standalone) unit. I expect that there are more differences inside the box than just the output wiring that comes with it. If you have an AGS-N you may have a hard time getting it to work for you.
    The AGS-S has 5 adjustments on the top to set the parameters and Magnum has a simple switch panel to connect to it.
    The adjustments for the AGS-N are meant to be transmitted digitally over the network via a specialized remote control panel or the Inverter's own remote control.
    The jack labelled Remote is only for a remote temperature sensor, not for a remote control.

Best indeed to check with Magnum.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.