Introduction

Caveman
Caveman Solar Expert Posts: 83 ✭✭✭✭
Hello all, I am hoping to become more knowledgeable with PV solar systems. Been doing some research but still have a lot of questions. There seems to be so much I feel a little overwhelmed, but hopefully this site can help with that.
I'm here in northeast OK, so we don't get as much sun out here as some of y'all, but i'm gonna give it a shot. The more I read, the more inspired I get to go totally solar. Anyway, see y'all at the forums!

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Introduction

Welcome to the forum.

You think NE Ok is bad for sun? Try Cariboo, British Columbia! Sure we have 16 hour days in Summer, but in Winter it drops to 6! :cry:
    There are a couple of forum members even further North than that.

Read first. And discover why "going totally solar" may not be the answer. One thing we emphasize around here is practicality. :D
  • Caveman
    Caveman Solar Expert Posts: 83 ✭✭✭✭

Haha, didn't think of that! Yeah I said want to go totally solar, but I know its not always the most practical thing to do. I like to diversify, and I especially like some of the non-electric solar projects.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Read this thread--It has a lot of solar and conservation projects, links, and reference material.

http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?5556-Working-Thread-for-Solar-Beginner-Post-FAQ

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset