FNDC Readings

Options
Rngr275
Rngr275 Solar Expert Posts: 127 ✭✭
So my system is up and running and appears to be functioning well. I will fill in my system in my sig-line soon.

Any way I decided to try and see how useful some of the data gathered with the FNDC could be. So I wrote down the daily DC in and out values. On the screen it reads : DC In xxAH X.XX Kwh. The same for DC out and then a line showing the delta between the in and out. SO now I have 30+ days of data and it is telling me something , I'm just not sure what. I did notice something that may or may not make sense. First the batteries have (except for a couple days) have reached 100% SOC.

I notice that following day of X amout of DC used the next day the DC in will be higher. Which I think is how it should be right. Use more today, need to put more in tomorrow... correct?

Also, the Kwh values are in DC??? I think so but I am not sure.

I think we are being fairly conservative on our use but I am not sure how to relate/convert to our AC usage. Seem like we are averaging ~ 40-50AH DC Out a day and ~ 2-3KwH Dc Out a day(if it is in fact KwH DC out on the FNDC). How would you say we are doing?

Comments

• unicornio
    unicornio Solar Expert Posts: 217 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: FNDC Readings
    Rngr275 wrote: »
    Any way I decided to try and see how useful some of the data gathered with the FNDC could be. So I wrote down the daily DC in and out values. On the screen it reads : DC In xxAH X.XX Kwh. The same for DC out and then a line showing the delta between the in and out. SO now I have 30+ days of data and it is telling me something , I'm just not sure what. I did notice something that may or may not make sense. First the batteries have (except for a couple days) have reached 100% SOC.

a FNDC properly configured (maybe any good battery monitor, but i like very much FNDC because its architecture and design philosophy ) is the best way to easy knowing what's wrong, what you have and what you can count ... that in the case of a battery, (a dark world, imprecise and very complicated) is almost like a solar plant control paradigm!...hehehe
    I notice that following day of X amout of DC used the next day the DC in will be higher. Which I think is how it should be right. Use more today, need to put more in tomorrow... correct?

yes...it accounting the power of your current account ...
    Also, the Kwh values are in DC??? I think so but I am not sure.

yes, it only speak in terms of dc current and power...
    I think we are being fairly conservative on our use but I am not sure how to relate/convert to our AC usage. Seem like we are averaging ~ 40-50AH DC Out a day and ~ 2-3KwH Dc Out a day(if it is in fact KwH DC out on the FNDC). How would you say we are doing?

you can see in the mate the AC power you loadig and you will see how significant are the losses ...

if you want to see the data provide for a FLEXnet DC, you can check the Monitor online site in our installation:
  • inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    unicornio wrote: »
    a FNDC properly configured (maybe any good battery monitor, but i like very much FNDC because its architecture and design philosophy ) is the best way to easy knowing what's wrong, what you have and what you can count ... that in the case of a battery, (a dark world, imprecise and very complicated) is almost like a solar plant control paradigm!...hehehe
    if you want to see the data provide for a FLEXnet DC, you can check the Monitor online site in our installation:

A very elegant presentation of the data!

I do not recall seeing the overlayed transparent bar graphs in colors used before, so that took a little bit of thinking to get used to. Similar to seeing a 3D representation where one axis has only two values. :-)
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • unicornio
    Options
    inetdog wrote: »
    A very elegant presentation of the data!
    I do not recall seeing the overlayed transparent bar graphs in colors used before, so that took a little bit of thinking to get used to. Similar to seeing a 3D representation where one axis has only two values. :-)

well, I am very glad that you like ... ;-)

you can choose the data are shown in the three graphs below and above the graphs on the left you can choose the device you want to view the data, which are (in this box) in real time. to update the graphics you need to reload the page ...

the truth is that with the web interface of the mate3, and this application (which has been programmed by my friend jepefe, is free and anyone can use it by following these instructions) we can have full remote control of the solar plant, and the history data base can provide you with essential information to complete track yields and conditions of use ...OutBack but still does not dare to open the possibility of interacting with the settings or operate the plant in remote mode ... maybe can be a critical safety issue, but to play something you have to be in front of mate3 ... and (physically) use your fingers ... hehehehe

jepefe has apps for Morningstar and outback systems, but is now on his fingers victron and midnite remote online monitor applications...
  • Rngr275
    Rngr275 Solar Expert Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I can see the AC load on the mate. But the day to day Battery AH in and out gives me a historical picture of what the batteries are seeing. So can I take say: 48AH*48v=2304w DC correct? What does that equate to in AC? Can you even calculate AC volts from DC voltage, or watts, or DC amps?
  • unicornio
    Options
    So can I take say: 48AH*48v=2304w DC correct? What does that equate to in AC? Can you even calculate AC volts from DC voltage, or watts, or DC amps?

well, you need to say 48AH*48V=2304wH to speak in terms of energy (power/time)...
    you can translate this to a 2,3Kw/h in AC too, but in this case you must deduct the losses of the DC/AC conversion and some other losses more...

sorry but I can not remember what is the AC consumption data that are provided by the mate, but mate3 includes all data and graphics of this...