Can my AGM Sealed Golf Cart batteries be kept safely inside?

Options
Sharp230
Sharp230 Registered Users Posts: 22
Hi Everyone,

I have (4) 6 Volts UBGC2, AGM, 200Ah/20 hr Sealed Maintenance Free batteries connected to my 920 watt panel system. Would like to keep them outside, however, I live in the Texas area where we get up to 97- 100 degree weather in the summertime.
So, I would like to know if it would be safe to keep the batteries inside my home where I plan to keep all of my other related equipment such as Controller and Inverter etc.
Also what would be the best way to wire them?, Wire size? and can I wire the (4) 6 volt into 24 volts to support my system?

Thanks very much in advance to all replies!
Sharp230

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Can my AGM Sealed Golf Cart batteries be kept safely inside?

i highly recommend that you put them inside just as long as they are properly charged per manufacturer's specs and use a battery temperature sensor. this will also facilitate a shorter run of wire and possibly a smaller size of wire.

there are many parameters involved in calculating the right size wire for the job. you might want to read through the link in my signature line and by the end of it you'll have a better idea of how to do it. if in doubt you can run all pertinent info past us at that time to double check you and for extra opinions.