Support Small Business and Solar --->

Elemental Energy
Elemental Energy Registered Users Posts: 7
Hello everyone! I've been a long time follower of this forum. It's have been a valuable resource for me on many occasions. It's great to see such a strong online community in support of solar energy.

I take the leap today from forum "lurker" to active poster, and would like to make a short and simple request. This only takes ~20 seconds :)

My company, Elemental Energy has applied for a grant through Mission Small Business to help the business grow, and I need your help to "vote" for the project! We only need 250 "votes" before tomorrow to be considered for the grant.

Our company, Elemental Energy, designs and installs solar (PV) systems for homes, businesses, food carts, you name it! We are looking to grow and add two more full-time employees, as well as develop a demonstration solar system at a community park in Portland, Oregon to showcase the benefits of going to solar. The energy from this project will sold back to the grid and donated to low-income families.

Please go to http://www.missionsmallbusiness.com and click "Login and Support" (you must have a Facebook account - don't worry they wont post anything to your page). From there type in the business name, "Elemental Energy" and click "Vote"

While you're on the site, go ahead and search around for other businesses, including many in your area. It's a worthy cause for us all!

I figure this is the correct audience, as we can all work together to grow the industry and build momentum for solar and all renewables!

Comments

• Elemental Energy
    Re: Support Small Business and Solar --->

If you wish, you can even go one step further and join our open Facebook group and invite friends to vote. We only need 90 more votes by tomorrow!

https://www.facebook.com/events/333767416701220/

Thank you so much!

ps. I'm not a spammer, I'm a real person working with real solar projects here in the Pacific Northwest. Making requests to online forums like this is not my typical m.o. But, for a cause like this, I feel this is the right place and right time.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

your request is rather unusual, but good luck with it. btw, i don't have a facebook account and i have no intent on getting one.

as to donating to low income families as you stated here, "The energy from this project will sold back to the grid and donated to low-income families." is that to be the cash gotten back from the utility as some do not pay in cash, but only give credits to that account? obviously, one cannot ship that power only to designated poor families.
  • Elemental Energy

Thanks for the interest and support!

Our utility, Portland General Electric has a fund which provides electricity credits to low income families. This is generally funded through rate payer fees, but also through surplus generation from net-metered accounts. The billing year is ends in April, so any unused credits built up by a solar system in the summer that were not completely exhausted by the end of winter (April), are donated to this fund. The project we are proposing will be on public land, with no end-user. This means all electricity will be fed back into the grid, and the total annual generation will be donated each April to the low-income assistance fund.

Equally important, this project will be highly visible and educational. With plenty of signage and description, including built in monitoring, the public will be able to casually approach the project and learn a little about solar and the importance of utilizing renewable resources.
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    i don't have a facebook account and i have no intent of getting one.

Same here. Too bad, because it sounds like a worthwhile cause. --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • Elemental Energy
    vtmaps wrote: »

Thanks for the support anyways!
  • Elemental Energy

52 views to this thread so far, I hope there are some voters in there! I sincerely thank you all! We now need only 38 more votes.
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    52 views to this thread so far, I hope there are some voters in there! I sincerely thank you all! We now need only 38 more votes.

+1 for you, not one local business in AZ
  • Elemental Energy

Thank you Dave! However, I did find out that there are the following solar related companies in Arizona on Mission Small Business. I went ahead and posted a vote for each of them! I'd just be happy to see one of the 12 grants go to a solar company!

SmartSolar Solutions LLC

Solar Energy Group

The Solar Store

Rooftop Solar
  • Jim45D
    Jim45D Solar Expert Posts: 102 ✭✭
    vtmaps wrote: »

No account with the book , and don't want one! Hope you get the votes you need.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

same sentiments here, no book a/c as Fbook is a data miner...
    hope you get your target number

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • The Only Sarge
    The Only Sarge Solar Expert Posts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭

No Facebook account for me.
  • Elemental Energy

Thanks for the support everyone, we made our total last night! My hope is that just one of the 12 grants is given to a solar company, as it'll be great for the industry!
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    niel wrote: »
    your request is rather unusual, but good luck with it. btw, i don't have a facebook account and i have no intent on getting one.

I don't have one, either, not a real one, anyway. I have a fictitious one for an alterego of mine, but that's another story.

My wife keeps pestering me to get on FB, but I spend all day in front of a computer for work, plus I have a few forums like this one that I keep up with, so another time sucking thing to do on a computer is not something I want to take on.