Trimetric setpoint for 12V system

Options
intel415
intel415 Solar Expert Posts: 31
Hello guys,

For those who owns a trimetric please give me some help please. I got my trimetric today, but still waiting for the 100A shunt to come tomorrow, so i can put everything together. I have read the manual for a 12V system flooded batteries P1 Charged setpoint voltage is 14.3, P3 is the battery capacity Ah, i have 2 t-105 rated at 225AH (20 hours) do i need to divide it by 20? or just leave it as 225AH? according to the manual P2 setpoint amp is dtermined by taking 2% of P3 AH value or (multiply P3 value by 2 divide by 100%). If i use 225AH i get 4.5

So i want to know if these numbers are right for 12V 2 t-105 (225AH) connected in series
P1 "charged" setpoint voltage = 14.3
P2 "charged" setpoint amp = 4.3
P3 "battery capacity" amp-hours = 225

Thanks.

Comments

• SolaRevolution
    SolaRevolution Solar Expert Posts: 410 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Trimetric setpoint for 12V system
    intel415 wrote: »
    So i want to know if these numbers are right for 12V 2 t-105 (225AH) connected in series
    P1 "charged" setpoint voltage = 14.3
    P2 "charged" setpoint amp = 4.3
    P3 "battery capacity" amp-hours = 225

Finish amps at 2% of rated capacity would be:
    P2 "charged" setpoint amp = 4.5

I'm guessing it was just a typo since you had it at the end of the first paragraph.;)

And yea, you want to use 2% (P3 x 2 / 100%) of the total capacity not just the C20 rate (total capacity / 20 hrs).

Alex Aragon
  • intel415
    Options

yes it is a typo lol

so i need to use p2 charged setpoint amp = 4.5A right?

thanks agian.

Thanks.
  • SolaRevolution
    SolaRevolution Solar Expert Posts: 410 ✭✭
    Options
    intel415 wrote: »
    yes it is a typo lol

so i need to use p2 charged setpoint amp = 4.5A right?

Yep.
    DOn't forget that the "end amps" can change over time with tempurature and health of the battery. Bulk charge settings can change if your charger has temp comp.
    Once you have the meter set, you should make it a habit to confirm the SOC readings with voltage and amps. They can get off track. I.E. if the sun is down and the SOC show 100% but the voltage is 12.1 with no loads, you should be very suspicious.

Alex
  • intel415
    Options

Thanks Alex,

I also emailed Bargart engineering, they recommended to round 4.5 to 4 or 5. Interesting point you point out about no sun condition never though of that lol i will keep an eye on it.

Thanks.