Trouble with SW4048 auto gen start

Options
I have 2 sw4048 inverters twin together.
I have a two wire start gen that i have connected to relay 7. I can start my gen by manually switching the inverter to run but I have been unable to get my inverter to start it automatically. It will start it automatically when reaches entered exercise days setting but not when voltage drop bellow set setting for time entered.
Has any one else run in to this before. I have tried both inverters and relays.

Comments

• SolaRevolution
    SolaRevolution Solar Expert Posts: 410 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Trouble with SW4048 auto gen start

Hmm?
    A couple of things that could be throwing you off:

The AGS trigger voltages are not temperature compensated. They corrolate to the "Battery Actual Volts DC" in the Meters menu.

If there is any voltage available on the AC1 inputs, the AGS will not automatically start. I know this sounds silly but I have seen someone set their "grid use timer" to try to keep the system from using the utility during 'peak time of use" and then try to back feed generator power into the grid.

Hopefully your quiet time settings are dissabled.

Another thing is that some AGSs (I'm not sure about SWs) seem to need the voltage to fall past the trigger set points. That is, if the battery voltage is already low it will not work to test by setting the trigger voltage higher than the battery voltage is at the moment.

I hope this helps,

Alex