Solar-only battery charging on Sailboat w/o an engine...

2»

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Re: Solar-only battery charging on Sailboat w/o an engine...

We fly to Kauai on 7/9 and hope to set sail on or about 7/12, winds permitting. The quicker we leave, the more miles we put on the Open 60 that departs for Puget Sound on or about 7/17. Anybody interested in getting updates on our passage can send me an email and I'll add you to our list.

FYI, we will send out one broadcast email to everyone to make sure they want to be included on the list. We will then follow that up with some cool charting and navigation info. Then after we set off, we will be chatting with Andy everyday via SSB. He will maintain and email out a spreadsheet log with info needed to track us. We will also try to put together a comm timetable in case anybody has access to an SSB and wants to listen in on our chit chat with Andy.

PS: If you do listen in, you'll be able to tell how our electron inventory is doing by the amount of talking we do versus just listening :lol:
  • Brock
    Brock Solar Expert Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Solar-only battery charging on Sailboat w/o an engine...

LOL, add me to the list

nevermab at uwgb dot edu
    3kw solar PV, 4 LiFePO4 100a, xw 6048, Honda eu2000i, iota DLS-54-13, Tesla 3, Leaf, Volt, 4 ton horizontal geothermal, grid tied - Green Bay, WI