Andalay "Monitoring Unit" same as Envoy?

Options
Can the "Andalay Solar Power System Monitoring Unit" (Model 322586) be used in lieu of the Enphase Envoy to work with the microinverters like the M215, etc.? They look like exactly the same product, and our local Lowe's is clearance-pricing the Andalay units for some real savings compared to the Envoys...

Comments

• Coyotefred
    Coyotefred Registered Users Posts: 5
    Options
    Re: Andalay "Monitoring Unit" same as Envoy?

'Replying back to my own question for others' future reference...the answer is YES.
  • Frxddy
    Frxddy Solar Expert Posts: 113 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

3 minutes ago was the first time I heard of the "Andalay Monitoring Unit". A couple of questions come to mind. I'm going to guess that Enphase will not allow you to use the Andalay to hook to their website...why should they? That would be like asking Dish TV if it's OK to use a Direct TV antenna to receive their TV. Also, from the quick search I did, the Andalay is within a dollar or two of the same price as the Envoy.... why would you want one?

<edit for spelling>
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I contacted the Canadian distributor for the Andalay systems...according to him they are Enphase Envoys, just re-labelled as Andalay. So you could use it, probably, but the price must only be cheaper than an Envoy because of a clearout sale at Lowes.

Ralph