XW MPPT-60-150 Strange Behavior

I wasn't sure what section to post this in, but many things are advanced to me that are basic to the experts.

Since switching to standard time, the MPPT-60-150 has, for some unknown reason, shut down completely at dusk. By coincidence, I was looking at the system when one incident occurred. The controller shut down, then started up again. It showed that there was about 130W of light, so it wasn't because it was completely shutting off at the end of the day. The battery voltage was normal as far as I know, but I didn't look closely, so I can't say the exact value. It continued operating for the rest of the sunset, and collected 0.02kWh, and listing it as a separate day. There were no faults or warnings listed for either the MPPT-60-150 or the XW6048. The firmware for the charge controller is 1.03.00 BN3.

The strange thing is the system operated perfectly fine during Daylight Savings Time.

Comments

• XWGuy
    XWGuy Registered Users Posts: 15
    Re: XW MPPT-60-150 Strange Behavior

I recommend that you upgrade the firmware on your unit. The latest version is 1.05 BN 6. There is a known issue with this version you are currently running.

Please contact our technical support reps: 1-866-519-1470
    If you are a DIY'r there is a USB to CANbus hardware converter needed to upgrade the firmware. Our tech support can send this piece of hardware to you. Otherwise, if you have a system installer, he can contact our technical support in order to get the equipment needed to do this upgrade as well.

Regards.

Jeff