Trying to decide between two systems

Options
I have been given two quotes(one with a micro-inverter enphase) and
another one with Fronius(not micro-inverter), and am trying to decide between these two systems. 2.15kW/2.3kW

#1 (without the micro-inverter)
Proposed System Size 2.15 kW DC
Annual Production 3,114 kWh

Kyocera Panels: 10
(PV-CASH-2.150 ~ Kyocera_Fronius(1x10))

cost per watt: $4.92 (before federal tax credits)

SolarGuard® Monitoring Service for 5 years
Standard Warranty & Repair Service for 10 years.

#2. With enphase inverter(no monitoring)
System size (STC-DC) 2.300 kW
System size (CEC-AC) 1.992 kW
Annual production 3,644 kWh
Number of panels 10
Panel rating 230 W

cost per dc watt: $4.89

 10 Solar One 230-watt panels or similar
 10 Enphase M215 Micro-inverters

I am thinking of option 1 because of the repair service, but it does not come with the micro-inverter. In option (2) does come with the micro-inverter, which I gather from this forum is a better technology/more projected life time etc. Also the output from the option(2) seems to be higher

thanks

Comments

• Frxddy
    Frxddy Solar Expert Posts: 113 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Trying to decide between two systems

Yaaa, good luck with this brain teaser! *smile* Being an Enphase owner of course I have to vote in that direction, ( I suppose I don't have to, but as of now I am happy that I chose this path) but, you've got a tough decision on your hands as either way has it's advantages / disadvantages.

As a mico-owner I guess I'd point out why I went that way:1) It made it electrically easy for me to install it myself. I like the idea that I do not have high voltage DC in the system. 2) It makes each panel it's own entirely separate system. If one get's shaded or if something goes wrong, it only effects (affects?) that one panel. 3) If I want to add one or five panels in the future, it is oh so easy to do so. 4) Free internet monitoring.(it's fun!) 5) 25 yr warranty.

Of course I have the disadvantage of if something goes wrong I have to go up on the roof to fix it, but my roof is easy and I left spaces between the panels so I can remove any one panel.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options
    Re: Trying to decide between two systems

@frxddy: thank you for your informative reply. More choices, more dilemma for me as always. Will update once I made a choice, thank you!