Ugly! installer looks DOA

solar_dave
solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
my installers web site is down for non payment of Domain renewal with Go Daddy since 9/18. That is just ugly!

Comments

• solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Ugly! installer looks DOA

Think of another possability. Maybe he paid with a credit card that was up for renewal. I just had that problem with my phone bill and my medicare insurance. I have had them 2 bills charged to my ctedit card automatically each month. This month I got 2 dingers from them. Instead of telling me the credit card payment didn,t go thru they just sent 2 unpaid notices. Had to call them and give them the new expiration date and 3 digit code on back of credit card. Then everything went through. :Dsolarvic:D
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

Maybe but last I heard they were in financial trouble.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭✭

Sorry to hear that Dave,

Let's hope that they will rebound. For all the complaining a few months ago about what a rip installers were doing to their customers, seems that the margins are often too slim, given all that they need to deal with.

Hope that you will be in good hands for any warranty issues that might come up.

Good Luck, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Juram
    Juram Solar Expert Posts: 36
    solar_dave wrote: »
    Maybe but last I heard they were in financial trouble.

Not a big surprise. 50% of the remaining solar installers in Arizona will be out of business by February. The industry is too competitive, the margins have gotten too low, something has to give. We've already seen about 40 installers close their doors in Arizona alone this year, another few months and you'll see a large percentage of whats left go as well.