Opinion of Apollo Solar TSW Inverter

Apolo
Apolo Registered Users Posts: 2
Has anyone had experience with the Apollo Solar TSW Inverter/Charger. My 15 year old Mod. Sine Trace 2424 is not properly charging my new MacBook and I feel I need to upgrade. That TSW 3224 seems to have it all as I'm also upgrading my Shurflo 9300 in my 200ft well to a 240VAC, 3/4HP, Grundfos SQ series pump. I really don't know Apollo Solar and I prefer to buy quality and durability over bells and whistles. The 5 yr. warranty seems to be an industry standard. I appreciate any opinions.

Comments

• Dapdan
    Dapdan Solar Expert Posts: 330 ✭✭
    Re: Opinion of Apollo Solar TSW Inverter

I have one of these installed and it works great. I found that it has alot of bang for the buck. I got it for under $2000 and it comes with 120/240, charger, 50 or 60Hz operation. The built in display gives alot of info: battery current, voltage, current on L1 and L2, power output and more. It is stackable and it has an optional communtion gear that you could monitor it online.

It was a good buy. I have had it installed for about 3-4 months no problems.

Cheers...
    Damani
  • Apolo
    Apolo Registered Users Posts: 2

Dapdan, Thanks for your reply. I ordered the TSW 3224 yesterday. Sharing your experience allowed me to breathe a little easier in buying an item like this that I have actually never physically seen. Thanks to NAWS also for giving us this forum.
    Apolo
  • cdog
    cdog Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi guys....any updates or further opinions...i am also strongly considering one of these....thanks....
    Cdog.
  • tday
    tday Registered Users Posts: 2

I have the apollo solar 4kw 48 volt inverter, the t80hv charge controller and their ISM. So far, the equipment seems ok but based on my experience, it is nearly impossible to make contact with anyone at apollo solar. I tried numerous times to make contact but all I got was voicemail. No one ever returns an email or phone call. Based on this, I would recommend another company. I liked their setup, but without anyone at the company to contact, I feel that I can't trust them in an emergency. I'm not going to buy any additional apollo equipment, instead, I am planning on abandoning my apollo equipment and going with an outback radian in the near future.
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭

Tday, welcome to the forum. Thanks for adding your perspective. The type of info you just provided is what makes this such a great forum. Hope to see more of you here. --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • Dapdan
    Dapdan Solar Expert Posts: 330 ✭✭

@ tday,

I have had the opposite experience you've had. I have been able to get through to Apollo approximately 75% of the time. One time I called and hung up because I did not want to leave a message and Herb Flynn actually called me back asking who had called and said it is better that one leaves a message because the calls go to his cell phone sometimes. They have always been helpfull and even accept recommendations for improvements. I have been able to access Herb specifically for all of my technical queries and issues (I would say approxiamtely 10-15 in the past year). I have installed three of these inverters and only one of them failed recently ( about 2 wks ago), I called herb and he shipped a new one out to me the very next day no questioned asked and I live in Barbados. I received the new inverter and installed it last week and it is running like a dream. I have had all good experiences with their inverters and I know of at least four other persons locally that are having similar experiences and service as I do.

Cheers...
    Damani
  • alyaz
    alyaz Solar Expert Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

Herb has been awesome, calling me back even to check on my progress. The Apollo HV Turbo Charger we have on a 1000 watt string of panels has been working fantastically since I got it installed. I really like the simplicity of the set up and the Bogart readout.
    3.3 kW solar.  3 Midnite Solar controllers; 5 lightening suppressors.  Magnum’s inverter; auto gen start, BMK.  Davidson 2 v FLA’s - 24v bank.  Perkins diesel gen.
  • tday
    tday Registered Users Posts: 2

In all my dealings with Apollo Solar, I've never had a call returned or an email responded to.
    I did finally manage to get in contact with Herb F. - once - but nothing he promised ever came to pass.
    They must be running a skeleton crew, or in may be business part time since the economy has gone bad.

-tday.
  • greeneraruba
    greeneraruba Registered Users Posts: 3
     :( 
  • greeneraruba
    greeneraruba Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apollo is not able to provide with parts or advise when inverters fails.from 2013 was unable to contact them. website has not been updated from 2013. a new inverter will set you back 3000$. even our deale.r has bad experience