DC Security

Hello...I know there are plenty of DC security cameras, but I would like suggestions for a Infrared camera either 12 or 24 volt, and also a DC recording device for capturing images. Thanks

Comments

• Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Re: DC Security

Check out http://www.apexcctv.com they carry anything one needs to have a DVR system, I've built a few an use this place to get parts

One tip, if your looking for night work, use cameras that are 0 lux rated, the lower the lux rating, the smaller amount of light needed. Most cheap color cameras have high lux ratings, meaning nothing but full sun would work
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

When getting 12 VDC electronics... Check the actual supported voltages. Normally 12 +/- 10% (+/- 1.2 volts) is standard... For example, that means 13.2 volts maximum--but you would be seeing 14-15+ volts during charging for most 12 volt Lead Acid batteries--well outside the normal limits... Most DC electronics do not have enough range to safely support normal battery installations/conditions.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

Thank you so much.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

bill is right about the voltage requirements and if you'd like to pm me about what it is you are trying to do specifically, i may be able to help you out some with that. this can get involved and is the reason why the pm is the better way to go.