software for designing ground mount system

rollandelliott
rollandelliott Solar Expert Posts: 834 ✭✭
I swear while I was travelling around I downloaded some software from Unirac that let one design an entire ground mount system and print out engeineering specs for the local permit company like wind loads, etc.

But I can't seem to find this design tool on their web site, perhaps I got it mixed up with something else?

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: software for designing ground mount system

Hi RE,

Well, in my limited experience, the UniRac site seems to change every day or two. I did note that they mentioned that their SolarMount system can be used for Ground Mounts, but Their design tool seems to do Roofs only.

Regarding your Footer thread, you might be able to find a PE that could design a rack system for you that would do everything that you need, and perhaps it could be fabricated locally etc, altho, it is a bit of a gamble.

I looked at designing my own rack system, but really wanted it to endure our 100 MPH max winds. Finally went with UniRac, as I found it easier to deal with vs shopping around for the correct PE. Uni seems very expensive, tho. But is is an integrated system.

You might contact UniRac directly by phone, and ask them about ground mount design tools. Have been waiting weeks for a reply to a simple question that I e-mailed them.

Nice large array you are planning, Good Luck, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.