shurflow on solar without batteries?

Options
lotek
lotek Solar Expert Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭
I ran across an item I thought would allow me to run a shurflo 2088 pump directly form a solar panel. I have lost that data and am not sure what it did. Is there a product that would regulate voltage from a solar panel to the pump by not turning on until voltage was at 12/24v and turn off when voltage got low, that would allow water transfer when the sun was shining?
Im entertaining the idea of pumping to a tower at a slow rate, by using a pressurized tank, and limiting outflow to about 1/2 gal a min. this would insure intermitent run time for the pump and insure I didnt draw down the well to quickly.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: shurflow on solar without batteries?

Look for Linear Current Booster (I think this is what you are asking about)...

http://www.solar-electric.com/7amplincurbo.html

Our host also has a used DL-10B Dankoff LCB (larger). There is a PDF manual too.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • john p
    john p Solar Expert Posts: 814 ✭✭✭
    Options
    i have so far from the deka gel monobloc 6 volt 210 amphour. 300 bucks each. I would need 4 to have 24 volts. Thats 840 amp hours per gang of 4 correct?

close but no cigar
    you still only have 210ahr
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

I think C.T. was a spammer of some sort. Banned and deleted.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset