ONLY you guys understand this Great Deal

Urbandialect
Urbandialect Solar Expert Posts: 107 ✭✭✭✭
i'm excited because I found a guy on craigslist to sell me all his old Trojan T105 for $85. Noo! not $85 for 1 it was $85 for all 6, i bought them yesterday and they are still good and hold a charge, he bought some new ones for his golf cart and wanted to get rid of the old ones.. they were to heavy to take in for the core value, so he just wanted someone to take them off his hands, My wife's upset because she doesn't see what the big deal is and thinks we could of used the money on something better. :( Well i'm excited and happy 225 amp per battery, 675 more amp hours, the only problem is my current battery bank is 600 amp hours of AGM batteries, so i really don't want to add it to that battery bank, i guess i'll make it it's only system, so I'll have 2 back up systems.. but 6 Trojan T-105s for 85 bucks :)

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: ONLY you guys understand this Great Deal

Do we have an "envy" emoticon? Why not? :p

Since you paid 1/2 the price of a new one for all six it doesn't matter much how long they last. But you did pay double what scrap is around here, so you'd better use them.

Of course now you have to buy more panels, another charge controller, another inverter, more wire ...

You do need the power, don't you? :roll:
  • Urbandialect
    Of course now you have to buy more panels, another charge controller, another inverter, more wire ...

You do need the power, don't you? :roll:

Oh yeah, i have to go threw all that again!!:( O well, it's worth it for the power. :)
  • The Only Sarge
    The Only Sarge Solar Expert Posts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean there are women out there that do not get excited over used golf cart batteries? Tell me it isn't true!!!!

Take her to Bed Bath and Beyond and say "Honey...our bath towels look sorta used"...."I think we need new bath towels"......

You will be honey britches all over again and only be out about $150 bucks.

Straight from the "Guys" manual.....
  • Cariboocoot

Mine would rather have the batteries.
    Yeah; envy me, guys. :p
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭

It cost me a Chevy Volt! Yikes!

Me "honey don't you love the Zero dollar electric bill this solar system has delivered?"
    Her "We should get a Plug In car we have so much electric"
  • The Only Sarge
    The Only Sarge Solar Expert Posts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ouch. $40K mistake allowing the gentler sex to control the conversation. Take off 3 man points.:p
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch. $40K mistake allowing the gentler sex to control the conversation. Take off 3 man points.:p

I feel so emasculated ;):D:-) LOL
  • Urbandialect

I'm trying not to go get them, I found another great deal on batteries....I'm finding it very difficult not to buy them.. I don't even need them and want them soo bad!! lol

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/sat/rvs/2510108833.html
  • Cariboocoot

You've only got one nickel; you can't buy all the candy. :p
  • techntrek
    techntrek Solar Expert Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭

That offer is a lot more than your last deal, much easier to walk away from that one. Congrats on the steal deal!
    4.5 kw APC UPS powered by a Prius, 12 kw Generac, Honda EU3000is