Sunsaver MPPT Data Logging question.

wb7duo
wb7duo Registered Users Posts: 15 ✭✭
I have a new installation on my RV with 260 watts and the Sunsaver MPPT installed and running. I may be missing something here. In the documentation it refers to the ability of the SSMPPT to store 30 days of data. But in using MSVIEW and SC-View, I haven't been able to figure out how to view this 'Stored data'.

I can do real time logging with the software. I've done that. But I was under the impression that the SSMPPT would store data on it's on, and later you could connect a computer and view or graph this data.

What am I missing?

Thanks in advance for your help
Greg

Comments

• wb7duo
    wb7duo Registered Users Posts: 15 ✭✭
    Re: Sunsaver MPPT Data Logging question.

I went camping this weekend. And found out what the panels will do in 40 degrees and complete fog and rain... :)

But I spent quite a bit of time with MS-View, and SG-View. Figured out that with MS-View, using the State tables, it shows some of the stored data. Like total KW hours, total time on, AH total, and AH total(resettable).

I created some real time logs, and was able to open them in the graphing/history table and look at the data. I also read the help that says that every time you open MS-View and connect to the controller, it will read the data and store it in a folder names 'logs'. I found that, but the log itself contains next to nothing, and data that I'm not interested in.

I also used SG-View a lot, and it has a real nice interface. Supports real time logging and many other features. The one feature, 'History' where it reads data from the controller and allows you to pick which days data you want to look at, doesn't seem to work just right. Always shows maximum array voltage at 200, and some other numbers that don't seem right.

One interesting thing... at 42 degrees, in fog that limits visibility to 30-50 ft, I was still getting 1-1.5 amps out of the array. 30-40 volts (63 volts max) so it was an intersting outing.

Thanks,