Reputable Solar Suppliers

GreenPowerManiac
GreenPowerManiac Solar Expert Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
Is there anything online that can be trusted as far as a supplier for panels, components and such ?
Nature's Design & Green Energy on FaceBook : Stop by and "Like" us anytime.. Many up-to-date articles about Renewables every day.
WWW.GreenAnything.Net    Ad free website.
Lots of DIY Renewable Energy Projects on ETSY : Solar Panel builds, Wind Turbine builds, Rain Barrel build,etc.  

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Reputable Solar Suppliers
    Is there anything online that can be trusted as far as a supplier for panels, components and such ?

are you serious?:confused:

how about our forum host northern az wind & sun.:D
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

In case you don't know the "address": http://www.solar-electric.com/

And how about not providing listings/links of/to their competitors since NAWS is paying for this forum and no one else is. (Hint/warning/caution.)
  • rollandelliott
    rollandelliott Solar Expert Posts: 834 ✭✭

private message sent to you.
  • JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭

One that can not be trusted, in my humble opinion: AltE
  • The Only Sarge
    The Only Sarge Solar Expert Posts: 164 ✭✭✭✭✭

I use a simple and quick "due diligence" exercise before I buy from a internet "storefront".
    Do they have a physical address?
    I call the number they publish.
    I check with the Sec of State and see if they are a registered company in the state they say they are in. (This takes all of 2 minutes).

If they do not pass the above 3 items....I move on.
  • czyhorse
    czyhorse Solar Expert Posts: 42 ✭✭
    JESSICA wrote: »
    One that can not be trusted, in my humble opinion: AltE

Care to expound on this?... I've purchased a few items from that dealer a couple of times with no problems.

Of course I always recommend checking with our forum host first...since they are gracious enough to provide this forum.
  • JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭
    czyhorse wrote: »
    Care to expound on this?... I've purchased a few items from that dealer a couple of times with no problems.

Of course I always recommend checking with our forum host first...since they are gracious enough to provide this forum.

Me too... I did purchase a couple of items, and I had TRUCKLOADS of problems with them. Worst of all, they showed no respect whatsoever for the customer (Me!) In fact, I filed a complaint with BBB against them, but to no avail.

I seriously recommend NAWS.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

Avoid dmsolar.com like the plague. I ordered four of their panels and got their auto-responder verifying my order. My credit card was IMMEDIATELY charged. Two weeks goes by no communication. Phoned them and was given a cellphone# to call. Was assured of a tracking# to be emailed the next day. Next day...nothing. Waited until end of week and emailed them. Assured package was on its way, tracking number tomorrow. Next day...nothing. After a month of this I emailed them to cancel my order and they again responded that the tracking# would be emailed tomorrow. Next day...nothing. So I finally called Chase Visa and requested that they refund my money for non-delivery of product. They did, but told me that it was a temporary refund pending resolution of my dispute and that two billing cycles would have to pass before it could be considered a permanent refund. Finally after six weeks, dmsolar emailed me and acknowledged that my order had been cancelled. They wasted six weeks of my time with false promises of delivery that never happened.