two separate panel/controller to one common battery bank

Options
System
System Posts: 2,511 admin
I have two separate solar panel/controller systems of which the 50watt panel I use to charge my fishing motor battery separate from the 125watt panel/30 amp Trace controller I use for the rv. When not in use can I clamp the 50 amp panel/6a controller to the battery bank which I use for the 125 panel system. The battery bank is 225 ah deep cycle batterys. Thanks

Comments

• Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: two separate panel/controller to one common battery bank

Not sure what the question is here - and I assume that you mean 50 watt and 125 watt, not 50 amp panels.

If you just want to know if you can do, then yes.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options

Yes , I meant watt, and I think you understand the two separate systems to one common battery bank. Basically I would clamp the smaller panel through its own controller to the battery bank. I have 15 amp fuse from battery to each controller. Thank you guys. This site is awesome!!!!
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

as was said you can do that as long as it is only the battery that is kept in common to the 2 separate systems meaning don't share the pvs to the 2 controllers and then back to the shared battery.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options

I would run each pv/controller separate to the common battery bank as I understand you responce. Thank you.