Centro Solar panels?

HX_Guy
HX_Guy Solar Expert Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
Does anyone have experience with Centro Solar panels? I understand they are made in the US? Or just assembled? How do they compare to other panels...are they more of the cheaper Chinese stuff or more in line with a Canadian Solar? Better?

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Centro Solar panels?

I really dislike references like 'cheaper Chinese stuff' For what it's worth Canadian Solar manufactures panels in China and may still do some in Canada due to the tariff. Of the maybe 20 different panels I've looked at closely, I've owned maybe 8 different brands, The best made ones I've seen are Ningbo, a Chinese manufacturer.

Here's their web site, you can check it out; Centro Solar
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: Centro Solar panels?

Yes; "Canadian Solar" is a misnomer.

Probably only a matter of time before some company jumps on the patriot bandwagon down South and produces "American Solar" panels: made in China just the same, but proudly (and largely) labeled "PACKAGED IN U.S.A.!" with lots of red, white, and blue.

Not to say that some stuff made in China isn't garbage, in fact much of it is. But these days trying to find something not made there is quite a chore. And we all know the upshot is that once manufacturing has been eliminated in other countries the now monopoly of makers will set the price wherever they want. That's how dumping works.