Harbor Freight Inverter?

Options
BsrlinMAZ
BsrlinMAZ Registered Users Posts: 4
Can anyone offer opinions about the Cen-Tech brand...Harbor freight has this 2000 watt inverter on sale for 159.99:

http://www.harborfreight.com/2000-Wa...tm_source=1002

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Harbor Freight Inverter?

It's MSW for one thing. If it's the same quality as other HF solar equipment it's like throwing $160 away.

Just my opinion. Feel free to disagree.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

If your looking for an inexpensive inverter in that range, you might search for Xantrex XM1800. True sine and under $400, Some here have found it a reliable inverter, as usual with a 12 volt inverter, be sure you have a reasonably sized battery bank and heavy wiring to prevent a large voltage drop.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • mud1
    mud1 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Options

I have the old 2000 W inverter from Harbor freight is still going strong after three years paid about 129 on sale with the 20% coupon,looks like the new ones about the same price with the code you have on your link. Definitely worth a try you can take it back if you don't like how it works.