Pretty nice snow broom and scraper at Costco.

Options
softdown
softdown Solar Expert Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭✭
The handle extends to 50". The broom rotates. The scraper works like all scrapers.

Woke up to snow and ice on my panels this mornings. The broom did very little because some snow was encased in the coating of ice. With a 50" handle, I was able to remove the vast majority of the snow and ice. The sun did the rest in fairly short time.

I bought the thing for my truck. The cashier joked that I could scrape my window from the living room with it. Had no idea it would prove so useful for cleaning solar panels.

Bonus: it is $3 off this month. At least in Colorado. Also comes with a traditionally sized scraper.

This is not a Costco plug though I like the store. It is simply the only tool that I had that worked well for an ice and snow combination on solar panels.
First Bank:16 180 watt Grape Solar with  FM80 controller and 3648 Inverter....Fullriver 8D AGM solar batteries. Second Bank/MacGyver Special: 10 165(?) watt BP Solar with Renogy MPPT 40A controller/ and Xantrex C-35 PWM controller/ and Morningstar PWM controller...Cotek 24V PSW inverter....forklift and diesel locomotive batteries