GVFX sell settings recommendations

Options
2»

Comments

• gww1
    gww1 Solar Expert Posts: 963 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: GVFX sell settings recommendations

I may have misunderstood. I wasn't told one way or the other but I have seen complaints before on the outback web site where people had sent their mate in and had gotten a beat up replacement.
    gww
  • gww1
    Options

I was happy that a nine year old inverter could still have parts bought and replaced so easily, if not cheaply, compared to having to replace the inverter. I didn't even think to ask one way or the other. I do agree they should tell you.
    Good luck.
    gww
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    gww1 wrote: »
    I was happy that a nine year old inverter could still have parts bought and replaced so easily, if not cheaply, compared to having to replace the inverter. I didn't even think to ask one way or the other. I do agree they should tell you.
    Good luck.
    gww

For one thing, you can still buy an Outback GVFX3648: http://www.solar-electric.com/inverters-controllers-accessories/gridtiesolar/oupogrsiwain/outback-power-60hz-grid-interactive-inverters/outback-power-grid-interactive-sinewave-inverter-gvfx3648.html
    The design is relatively unchanged since they were first introduced, and that certainly helps with the replacement parts. :D

Those Gudgel boys knew what they were doing even back then.
  • verdigo
    verdigo Solar Expert Posts: 428 ✭✭
    Options

Gww. Do you use the sell function with your inverters? If you do, how do you have them programmed as far as the voltage set point that dictates when sell begins?
  • gww1
    Options

verdigo
    I have never used the sell except for 5 min to see what it was like. I have read a bunch of discussions on it before I installed my system but will be danged if I can remember what I read. I do remember where I read them though.

http://outbackpower.com/forum/index.php?sid=2f1ec936ec7eb584c9f67f32b723e85a

Maby read some of the old grid tie post or do a search. I only have medeoker luck with search.

I hope this helps.
    gww