Posting and Duplication

niel
niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
i am seeing more and more members starting new threads that need general information that was already posted in another thread by said members or is a twist on the same thread they already posted. this is making reading the newer threads more difficult without having to duplicate some or all that was in the original thread or is totally redundant. if you must post a new thread then allow the use of a link rather than too much duplication, but some of those questions posted should have just been asked in the same original thread to make it easier for us here to read the generality of your circumstance with the new question. if the new thread has nothing to do with anything you have posted in another thread by you, then by all means continue to create new threads in that case.
an example may be somebody trying to determine the right size battery for their system and then ask in another thread what size wire to use for that same system. if you feel you can't ask that 2nd question in that original thread then post a link to the info we need and you may even need to specify certain posts within that thread because i don't wish to reread an entire thread over again if it's not necessary. i don't feel in this example that it is necessary to ask this particular question in another new thread.
remember, if it's easier for us to read and comprehend, then it is easier to give an answer and even more accurately in some cases. i don't like the idea of merging threads, freezing them, etc. and it can be bothersome to have to scrutinize to that degree when members can just post it in an existing thread they've previously created or put in a link. common sense, yes? there are thousands of posts with many posters here and you can't expect us to remember all of the particulars of what you have posted about in the past even if it were yesterday. that would also mean you have to remind us by duplication of much in the previous thread and that's unecessary imho. link to it or place your new post into that same previous thread.
mind you, i am not being an ogre and saying you have to watch you don't repeat something, but i feel it is starting to get out of hand and maybe reading this (in 1 place i might add) may alleviate many headaches all around.

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: Posting and Duplication ( was Department of Redundancy Redundancy)

Didn't I just see this somewhere?

Yes, here's the link:
    http://forum.solar-electric.com/showpost.php?p=18404&postcount=1
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Posting and Duplication

see what mike?:p:p:p
    got a link to it?