XW6848+ settings when using two generators?

2»

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is your genset that is limiting. What make? How long of a run @ what gage wire. You said something was greyed out on gateway?
    Nice home!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• ELYNN4
    ELYNN4 Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭
    Thanks Dave.  The generator is a Northern Lights diesel.  I am using 6 gauge wire between the generator and the inverter.  The run is about 15 feet.  When the generator is charging the batteries at 80 amps I can run the microwave and the generator doesn’t even start to lug.  I’ve attached a screen shot which shows the grayed out fields.  Thoughts?
    Off Grid, 4.5KW array, 9&6KW Gens, 6848XW inverter, Midnite Classic 150, 2 strings - 48V - Trojan FLA L16 2V, located in Talkeetna, Alaska
  • Dave Angelini
    Gen support is off, right? All advanced features off, right? Make sure AC coupling is off. Nothing should really be selected until you find the culprit.   EQ is fine but look for something weird. Agree you have a case here!

Another reason there should be an offgrid firmware that gets rid of all of the grid "bloatware"  Been saying this since 2006......

It could be the firmware if it is really old in xw+.  Oh look, it is almost happy hour, again!  Cheers!

• ELYNN4
    Thanks Dave, Generator Support was on (tried it with my 6 kw, but couldn’t detect a difference) it has been turned off - no change.  All Advanced Features are off.  I’ll try contacting Support - they have been silent for a number of months on another request they were working on for me.
    Off Grid, 4.5KW array, 9&6KW Gens, 6848XW inverter, Midnite Classic 150, 2 strings - 48V - Trojan FLA L16 2V, located in Talkeetna, Alaska
  • Dave Angelini
    Do all of the firmware first. It will get the system up to date before you get with Schneider. At least do the gateway! Firmware is also a reset to factory and just doing firmware upgrade can fix problems that have nothing to do with the firmware.

MOST WEIRD STUFF, LIKE YOU HAVE IS FROM LACK OF SURGE PROTECTION. 

Short of that, if you are scared on firmware (and there is always a small risk with firmware offgrid)  do an XW reset, user settings to factory, test, and if that does not do it, do a reset all to factory. 

Man is it nasty smokey out there. Putting the fire mask info in below. The C19 masks and surgical masks are useless in fire smoke

• ELYNN4
    Thanks a Dave.  Sounds like you’ll need to use a straw during your Happy Hours for the time being - bummer!