It's July; will the 30% tax credit end as the Winds of Change hit in Jan. 2018?

Options
BilljustBill
BilljustBill Solar Expert Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
Lots going on in my little world.  My solar project has all the equipment, wire sizes, and materials for a 4.5kw ground array, but the time required to get it finished has been short.  With a 93 year old mom, 3hrs. away from me, having needs that splatter any normal planning schedule, I've got to get this investment project up and charging!

My question has to do with being sure I'm complete before any changes come to reduce the 30% tax credit I'll use to bring the system to a net zero cost as I'll be providing all but the electrician's certification work.  Do you know if any changes/deadlines in the solar tax credit laws are coming?

Thanks for you insight and help,
Bill
Bill

Comments

• solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Could very well happen with the Congress working to a new tax bill.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Seriously doubt they will change a standing legislation that is popular... though who knows. Even less likely as it now has a sunset/reduction of credit in place. 

The current standing on the solar energy tax credit is for it to be reduced in 2020, here is what appears to be an accurate chart of the reduction phases;

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.