Please recommend me a 3-PHASE SINE WAVE INVERTER

hi people there,

I am making a special solar DC power supply equipment for someone overseas. However, he asks me on the battery ends to hook up for him a 3-PHASE SINE WAVE INVERTER, 100-150VDC IN (from the 10pcs in series 12V battery ends) and 400VAC 3-Phase 50Hz OUT at capacity 5 - 6 kVA from the inverter.

This is to power up or back up for his 3 phase telecommunication equipment, mentioned as very sensitive to the quality the power coming from the inverter output.

Does anyone know who make the better of such inverter and what's your recommendations/advice what and where to look for such inverters..

What are the specs and problems to be aware of when choosing such an inverter? Oh man, I have not heard of such an inverter anyway. :(

Thanks..

SolarFish

Comments

• Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Re: Please recommend me a 3-PHASE SINE WAVE INVERTER

Xantrex make commercial 50hz 3 phase inverters

http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/283/p/1/pt/5/product.asp

Get out your wallet ....
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

Thanks..

But I am not talking about a grid tied 3 phase inverter, it needs to be an off grip, battery power fed inverter for back up and/or standalone running his 3 phase telecommunication equipment.

SolarFish
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

Never heard of an offgrid 3 phase

Anything that is big enough to need 3-phase power would be typically very large power demands ( greater than 20kw ). I doubt there is anything in the RE market of this class/size
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

Something fitting your requirements probably does exist, but I'm not sure which one ? 100VDC to 150VDC would most likely be a 120 VDC inverter. It is possible that this output could be had from an OutBack FX stack or maybe the Xantrex XW series does 3 phase but even then you would need a transformer to make 400 VAC output and it would not be 120 VDC input.

I know that Exeltech makes 120VDC inverters. Maybe their's is 3 phase stackable ??

boB
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

for an inverter with that input voltage I suggest you look at the designs for electric cars.
    Most of them for Trucks and Buses are 3 phase about 300-900VAC out.
    Most of them are 96-300KW power.
    it would be a custom job.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

You are talking about a normal UPS for a large computer center... None of the solar companies are probably going to have equipment like that.

There are lots of companies out there that do this sort of thing--in multiple countries.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • blackswan555
    blackswan555 Solar Expert Posts: 246 ✭✭

I would say that what your customer thinks he wants to what he actually needs may be a little different, What he want`s 3 phase for in telecoms is questionable, Motors yes, but most everything else is going to be single phase, as for the required capacity, please supply a little more information,
    An explanation of the items he needs to power , where in the world and for how long would be helpful
    Have a good one
    Tim
  • Malasombra
    Malasombra Solar Expert Posts: 24

And Conergy's Hibryd series?
  • crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    I am making a special solar DC power supply equipment for someone overseas. However, he asks me on the battery ends to hook up for him a 3-PHASE SINE WAVE INVERTER, 100-150VDC IN (from the 10pcs in series 12V battery ends) and 400VAC 3-Phase 50Hz OUT at capacity 5 - 6 kVA from the inverter.

This is to power up or back up for his 3 phase telecommunication equipment, mentioned as very sensitive to the quality the power coming from the inverter output.

Does anyone know who make the better of such inverter and what's your recommendations/advice what and where to look for such inverters..

What are the specs and problems to be aware of when choosing such an inverter? Oh man, I have not heard of such an inverter anyway. :(
    Solarfish,

Three of OutBack's 230 VAC / 50 Hz true sine wave inverters, along with a Mate and a Hub, can be 3-phase "stacked" for 400/230 VAC (nominal) / 50 Hz.

The highest DC voltage models available are 48 V (nominal). Three sealed inverters would be rated at 6.9 kVA (total), and three vented inverters would be rated at 9 kVA (total).

Please see the following link for more information: http://www.outbackpower.com/products/sinewave_inverter/international/

Here's a link to our global distributor list: http://www.outbackpower.com/contact/how_to_buy/distributors/

Please feel free to contact me with any other questions.

Regards,

Jim Goodnight
    "crewzer"
    Eastern Regional Sales Manager
    OutBack Power Systems
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also want to design three phase sine wave inverter I don't want to purchase code. I found this link for pure sine wave three phase inverter and trying to implement design http://microcontrollerslab.com/three-phase-sine-wave-inverter/
    Sadly, if you are asking how to build one from components, you are going to be unable to finish the task.  To accomplish this you need to know how 3 phase works, the transformers are wound, and the very lethal power involved.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,