Inverter with Lowest DC Input Voltage

Options
kochevnik
kochevnik Registered Users Posts: 1
So I am looking at a small test system with LTO batteries (lithium titanate anodes).  One problem being that the LTO batteries I am looking at have a minimum discharge voltage of 1.5 volts (they run at a nominal 2.4 volts and a recommended charge voltage of 3.0 volts).

I am looking at trying a 48 volt system (20 cells) , so the minimum discharge voltage looks like ( 20 x 1.5 volts = 30 volts ) and most (48 volt) inverters seem to be setup to go no lower than about 40 volts - although I did see one for 36 volts.

Just wondering if anyone knows of a inverter (or better yet an inverter/charger) that goes down below 40 volts ?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    If you want a good quality inverter--Try contacting our host. They sell Exeltech brand AC inverters and (appear) do custom configurations:

http://www.solar-electric.com/inverters-controllers-accessories/inverters/exsiwain.html
    We can also order all of the MX series. The XP series are also available in 32, 48, 66, and 108 volt DC input on special order - typically 2-3 weeks. Prices somewhat higher. We can special order any Exeltech product.
    -Bill "I do not work for NAWS" B.

Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset