SDS T128

ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
Anyone know this pump from Sun Pumps in Arizona???! solar panel 100 watts.I would want 8 years out of it. It would run via timer for 20 minutes and then rest for 10 minutes.Maybe 6 hours a day.
It seems like it would be good for a 100 ft well. Little pricey at 600$.
Also can I use the thick 6 ga solid wire that my existing 240 volt pump uses now and use it for the wire for this small DC pump?? It needs about 25 volts.
I would want to trickle in about 50 gallons a day into a cistern. I would put a float type shut off switch for the pump.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    What model are you interested in? Solar panel or DC battery power or other power?

What sort of life are you expecting? 3-5 years (pull pump and replace diaphragm?)--Or longer between services (7+ years)?

I don't know much about pumps--But they have always interested in them.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    re the wire, if that is what the specs call for, or a smaller size, you should be able to use it

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • ws9876
    Have you ever seen a 220 submersible AND a DC solar pump(like a Sun) in the same bore hole??? Would they be side by side or on top of each other??
    I saw a video where the guy put a simple pump(hand) on top of the 220 volt submersible but had a dogleg intake with the required flap valve.It looked pretty slick and appeared to share the same pipe up.It was one of those prepper folks.
    I would like to add a DC inline if I could for the future but keep the 240 pump for now.It works so well. I wonder if a DC pump could load a pressure tank?????
    It at least could fill containers or a cistern. Any well people out there???
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    What size well casing?
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• ws9876
    6 inch
  • tmarch
    tmarch Solar Expert Posts: 143 ✭✭
    ws9876 wrote: »
    Have you ever seen a 220 submersible AND a DC solar pump(like a Sun) in the same bore hole??? Would they be side by side or on top of each other??
    I saw a video where the guy put a simple pump(hand) on top of the 220 volt submersible but had a dogleg intake with the required flap valve.It looked pretty slick and appeared to share the same pipe up.It was one of those prepper folks.
    I would like to add a DC inline if I could for the future but keep the 240 pump for now.It works so well. I wonder if a DC pump could load a pressure tank?????
    It at least could fill containers or a cistern. Any well people out there???

Why not use a Grundfos SQF pump, not 240, but 120 and will run with solar when available or 120 AC when solar is unavailable such as at night.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    6 inch

It would be tight to fit existing (what size is the old pump) and a new pump above. Depending on depth it might be a waste of time. The application I saw was an 8 inch casing. I would doubt that solid wire is used in the casing as it should be stranded. Probably solid what you see but somewhere in the casing head it goes to stranded.

Sun Pumps are great and the store here sells them. They may help you more.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• ws9876
    you think the Grundfos SQF pump is better than the Sun 128???
  • tmarch
    tmarch Solar Expert Posts: 143 ✭✭
    you think the Grundfos SQF pump is better than the Sun 128???

Without question.