does anyone else make solar laminates or durable panels? (with UniSolar OOB)

wintersolar
wintersolar Registered Users Posts: 4
I just missed out on the great deals available under 50c/watt for the uni solar rooftop laminate which literally rolls on and sticks... and since they are out of business I assume whatever is left isn't going to get any cheaper.

Has anyone else announced or had an interest in producing roll on solar laminates?

I have a serious concern about durability of conventional solar panels - from what I understand golf ball size hail will wipe out everything, well where I live we see that at least once every few years. I like the idea of a DURABLE solar panel I don't have to worry about. Either that or I want to start engineering complicated mechanical systems to protect solar panels...

Comments

• peakbagger
    peakbagger Solar Expert Posts: 341 ✭✭✭
    Re: does anyone else make solar laminates or durable panels? (with UniSolar OOB)

The reason why the went out business is they panel had a high failure rate and degraded after a few years in the sun. I think Sun Electronics may still have some if you want to waste your money. Standard panel are rated for hail and they will take quite a whack.