what components should I use?

Hello, I hope everyone is having a good Friday. I'm planning on installing 3 100 watt solar panels in series with a solar grid tie power inverter, wind/solar charge controller, wind grid tie power inverter, one turbine (only generating power when i'm exercising), diodes, and wiring. I believe that covers the meat and potatoes of the components I need. My questions are, what exact (size, brand, type, model, make and so on) for these components would make sense together and am I missing anything? I'm sure you have questions for me, so ask away. Thanks for helping me learn more about alternative energy systems.

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: what components should I use?

The thing you're missing is "legality".

There are no legal GT systems that run from 300 Watts of PV or turbine. It sounds very much like you've been finding the useless junk that is prolific on the Internet these days. It is also unsafe and should be avoided.

Grid-tie systems require approved equipment and approved installations with the co-operation of the utility and local AHJ. Do not do it any other way as the ramifications can be disastrous. Seriously.
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: what components should I use?

First questions are Why?

Trying to save money? (not likely in many/most situations)

Want to save the environment? Grid tied will likely produce more electric than it took to make and transport the equipment.

Education/learning experience for my family? Likely better learning experience with an off grid system.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.