Xantrex XW4024 Hybrid Inverter / Charger System - Disconnect from Grid

Options
Hello,

I have the subject Solar system installed with 12 440ah battery bank. I have time of use metering and I want to run this unit from 8:00 AM to 8 PM exclusively from my inverter and battery bank.

I have Load shave set to 0 Amp, which as I understand it the program should not allow any loads to be powered by the grid, but that is exactly what is happening. I have AC presence and part of my total load is being shared by the grid. The amount of AC load is actually being added to the load being shown on my inverter status readout.

I.E. if my inverter load is 100 watts and the load being "shared" by AC1 is 50 watts, My System Control Panel reads 150 watts Total. I also believe that this AC load is increasing my total monthly usage.

I simply want to know if the XW4024 program can allow me to "disconnect" from the grid completely via the programming and settings capabilities or do I need to purchase a separate "disconnect controller / switch between my main distribution power panel and my inverter distribution panel?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Mr. E

Comments

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Xantrex XW4024 Hybrid Inverter / Charger System - Disconnect from Grid
    run this unit from 8:00 AM to 8 PM exclusively from my inverter and battery bank

That will be very expensive. Sure the electric costs a lot for that time, but the wear on your battery bank will cost you more in replacement in a couple years, than the electric bill would be.

Do you have a load profile, of how much power you use hour by hour, on a daily basis ? What will your batteries be supplying, what will solar PV supply, and what is left over for recharge ?
    12 440ah battery bank
    Can you clarify what this means. 12 batteries: 6 strings of 2 series batteries wired in parallel ?
    is each battery 440ah or 146ah ?
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,