wind turbine and fan

Options
mikebodima
mikebodima Registered Users Posts: 6
Hello

The wind turbine rated is 1500 RPM to give 1500 watts

The home fan runs 1500 RPM and i have electricity to run the fan

If i weld the turbine head to the fan head, and i run the fan, this will make the wind turbine work to give the 1500 watts?

The fan i am talking about to rotate the wind turbine, u can read the specs of it , it is with big air flow:

i removed "http" to not create a back link and to be accused of advertising or putting links :)

alibaba.com/product-gs/709150220/YWF4E_200_Axial_Industrial_Fan_with.html

alibaba.com/product-gs/568278508/30_36_Powerful_Industrial_Floor_Fan.html

So again: if i weld one of them to the turbine. this will make the wind turbine work to give the 1500 watts?

thank you

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: wind turbine and fan
    mikebodima wrote: »
    Hello

The wind turbine rated is 1500 RPM to give 1500 watts

The home fan runs 1500 RPM and i have electricity to run the fan

If i weld the turbine head to the fan head, and i run the fan, this will make the wind turbine work to give the 1500 watts?

Only if the fan draws more than 1500 Watts: power out equals power in minus losses.

In other words the generator output is approximately 2 HP worth of electrical power, therefor it needs greater than 2 HP worth of mechanical power put in.

Keep in mind you can spin that turbine with far less than 2 HP: the power requirement will go up as the load on the generator increases. A generator with no load on it produces no power, and the input requirement is then only what is needed to spin the mass.