TV solar blooper

bmet
bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭
I was watching the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen a couple days ago. Everyone is on the Nautilus, on the surface, and Nemo says, "The solar panels are charged. We can get underway."

Never registered in my head before.

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: TV solar blooper

They are batch solar water heaters, gotta have hot water...
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    bmet wrote: »
    I was watching the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen a couple days ago. Everyone is on the Nautilus, on the surface, and Nemo says, "The solar panels are charged. We can get underway."
    Actually he meant that they were charged on his VISA. Submerging would sever his 4G link and he had to wait until the transaction was complete.

:D
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

If that's the only mistake you noticed in that movie you just weren't paying attention! :p

Honestly I wish I could get that 110 minutes of my life back.
  • bmet
    bmet Solar Expert Posts: 630 ✭✭
    If that's the only mistake you noticed in that movie you just weren't paying attention! :p

Honestly I wish I could get that 110 minutes of my life back.

It was the only 'renewable energy' blooper I noticed. Or course the rest makes one squirm in their seat, like how a 100 ft tall submarine cruises around Venice without dragging bottom. :confused: