engraven permanent sign

davidwillis
davidwillis Solar Expert Posts: 104 ✭✭
Any one know an easy cheap way to make a sign to meet these requirements:

Customer must post metal or plastic engraved signage indicating on-site generation in accordance
with National Electric Code. The signage must be permanent and located adjacent to the meter
base and disconnect switch noting “Parallel Generation on Site” and identifying the manual
disconnect switch with the words “Manual Disconnect for Parallel Generation"

Does that mean there needs to be two signs? Should the "Manual Disconnect for Parallel Generation" be on the disconnect? I have the manual disconnect about 2' to the left of the meter.

Thanks
David

Comments

• davidwillis
    davidwillis Solar Expert Posts: 104 ✭✭
    Re: engraven permanent sign

I am guessing I can't buy an engraved label and attach the "Parallel Generation on Site” one on the meter, and the “Manual Disconnect for Parallel Generation" one on the disconnect?

So what is considered a "permanent" sign?

I was just going to use labels like this: http://www.corpconnect.com/Signs.aspx?ProductID=26PLATE&qty=1
    Attachment not found.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin

I don't have much time, but here are a few threads that may help:

Source for Warning Label and Signs?

NEC Permanent Label Requirements
    Warning Labels

-Bill "solar panel warning engraving site:wind-sun.com" B. [plug into Google]
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

Some printed labels will fade or fall off. The engraved ones are the best, but some plastics are not weatherproof. Lots of places on the web sell such signs made to order.
  • jagec
    jagec Solar Expert Posts: 157 ✭✭

My local trophy shop was incredibly flaky, so I used "www.myengravedsign.com" for mine. White-on-red, outdoor-rated plastic.
  • PV Labels
    PV Labels Registered Users Posts: 2

pvlabels.com has warning labels and placards. I know these have been hard to locate in the past. Hope this helps.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin

Pv labels asked if he could post a reply here. We are allowing as as a service to others. Ask questions if you have them.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset