need help on set points

totfcboatski
totfcboatski Registered Users Posts: 1
I have checked everywhere for charging set points for a universal power group agm battery 12 v 35 amp hours (ub12350), has anyone used this battery? i have a new charge controller and want to program the correct set points for this battery.
appreciate any help i can get!
thanks!
Jeff

Comments

• firerescue712
    firerescue712 Solar Expert Posts: 95 ✭✭
    Re: need help on set points

Here is the link to the pdf spec sheet. http://www.1000bulbs.com/pdf/ubD5722-spec.pdf

I hope this has what you are looking for. If not, contact Universal Battery direct.
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Re: need help on set points

I went looking and found this on the ub12350:

Charging
    Cycle Applications: Limit initial current to 6600mA. Charge until battery voltage (under charge) reaches 14.40 to 14.70 volts at 68º F (20º C). Hold at 14.40 to 14.70 volts until current drops to approximately 330mA. Battery is fully charged under these conditions, and charger should either be disconnected or switched to "float" voltage.

"Float" or "Stand-by Service": Hold battery across constant voltage source of 13.50 to 13.80 volts continuously. When held at this voltage, the battery will seek its own current level and maintain itself in a fully charged condition.

This info is not from UPG but a vendor. Looks like it would work under standard "default" AGM charge specs. Be advised they say it is rated at 33 Amp hours for the 20 hour rate. If so, the 35 is probably for a 24 hour rate.