XW auto gen start and other XW questions

lotek
lotek Solar Expert Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭
concerning the XW remote generator start, I have written Xantrex about this but so far no responce.
Does anyone happen to know what type (1 through 13)connection diagram would work for the Briggs 40248 generator. type as listed in owners manual pg 2-9 through 2-21

http://www.wholesalesolar.com/pdf.folder/inverter%20pdf%20folder/XantrexXWAutomaticGeneratorStartManual.pdf

the 40248 is a propane powered generator, so no preheat
The switch toggles from middle, both left and right. Hold down the left side untill it starts, the switch returns to the center . hold down right side until it stops, switch returns to center. Im fairly sure by the way the off side works , its just grounding out the plug. if you let up on the off side before the motor is completely stopped, it starts running again.

Comments

• stephendv
    stephendv Solar Expert Posts: 1,571 ✭✭
    Re: XW auto gen start and other XW questions

My diesel uses the stop signal to energise a solenoid that shuts off the fuel. So similar to yours, if I press the stop button and then disconnect the electrical system before the engine has stopped, it'll start up again. So the stop signal doesn't ground, it energises.

I would _guess_ that type 10 or type 12 could be what you're looking for: no pre-heat. Energise relay 1 to stop, energise relay 2 to start.
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    lotek wrote: »
    concerning the XW remote generator start, I have written Xantrex about this but so far no responce.
    Does anyone happen to know what type (1 through 13)connection diagram would work for the Briggs 40248 generator. type as listed in owners manual pg 2-9 through 2-21

http://www.wholesalesolar.com/pdf.folder/inverter%20pdf%20folder/XantrexXWAutomaticGeneratorStartManual.pdf

the 40248 is a propane powered generator, so no preheat
    The switch toggles from middle, both left and right. Hold down the left side untill it starts, the switch returns to the center . hold down right side until it stops, switch returns to center. Im fairly sure by the way the off side works , its just grounding out the plug. if you let up on the off side before the motor is completely stopped, it starts running again.

Telephone Xantrex.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• arkieoscar
    arkieoscar Solar Expert Posts: 101 ✭✭

A couple of years ago I had to make an old Woodward control work with the XW GSP. In that case, I had to figure out what the start and stop logic was in the Woodward and match it to one of the drawings in the XW manual. There was a couple that were similar and I chose what I thought would work and it's still working. Xantrex may or may not have info. on your generator and you may have to do the same or see if you can get diagrams for your start/stop wiring on the generator.