What's a Good Beginners Book?

Options
tcvb
tcvb Solar Expert Posts: 44
On Solar power that will go in depth to installation ,construction and maintanence of small to medium size systems?

Thank's

Tim

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    Re: What's a Good Beginners Book?
    FL SUN wrote: »
    This is a link to a PV textbook I find very informative. It was a requirement for the FL contractor's exam I took last month. It even has a very good interactive CD with a bunch of informative extras. A quick search on-line shows this book goes for about $75.00 USD everywhere.

Don't forget nothing compares to OJT when it comes to installation. It's always best to apply in the field what you've learned from a good textbook first.
    http://www.powells.com/cgi-bin/biblio?show=HARDCVR%20W/COMP%20MEDIA:NEW:9780826912879:75.00
    TnAndy wrote: »
    Rick,

Here a good "textbook" on solar......it actually IS a textbook for some solar courses, and is set up that way with practice questions at the end of each chapter, but it's also a good self guide as to the basics of components and how they mesh together to make a system. Worth the money, IMHO.

Solar Book Here

From our Host's Webstore:

trans_1x1.gif
    Book - The New Solar Electric Home

The New Solar Electric Home book, by Joel Davidson 2008 Edition. The Complete Guide to Photovoltaics ...

Some information on NEC and how it applies to solar power:

PV and the 2005 NEC -- Reference Document

And, of course, the NEC Code Book (current edition or version that is used by your locality).

I have also created a thread with lots of random solar information and links (projects, information, how to, and how not to, etc.). You might cruse through it and see if there is anything of specific interest to you.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset