sw5548 service manual

Does anyone know where I can get a service manuals for a Xantrex sw5548 inverter and the GTI?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: sw5548 service manual

OK there's this thing called a search engine, if you type in Xantrex "sw5548 manual" no quotes and check out some of the links, you'll find a nice company that has it archived here.

"xantrex GTI manual" (no quotes) Another nice company archived Manual

I was surprised I couldn't find it at xantrex >support>discontinued but both were on the first page of searches
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • RCinFLA
    RCinFLA Solar Expert Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭✭
    Photowhit wrote: »
    OK there's this thing called a search engine, if you type in Xantrex "sw5548 manual" no quotes and check out some of the links, you'll find a nice company that has it archived here.

"xantrex GTI manual" (no quotes) Another nice company archived Manual

I was surprised I couldn't find it at xantrex >support>discontinued but both were on the first page of searches

No service manuals. (your links are owner manual and install manuals).

You have to be a certified Xantrex service tech (which you paid to be) to get a CD with service manuals. Or you have to be a a very close buddy of one to get a copy 'under the table'.

Xantrex threatens certified techs with castration, ex-communication, and de-certification for copying and giving out a service CD.
  • Photowhit

Ooopps , wipes egg from face, sorry
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Photo..

But, I did enjoy your sarcasm !
    Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

Thanks RC, I was afraid that was why they couldn't be found. Now I need to search for a close buddy Xantrex service tech. Any suggestions on a search string Photowhit?
  • Photowhit
    brokewind wrote: »
    Any suggestions on a search string Photowhit?

I got your suggestion right here....lol

time to find the nearest auth service center and hang out in a trench coat in the parking lot...

Or perhaps follow people from the parking lot until someone stops at a bar, beer works wonders...

at last resort, there's always B&E!
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

That is probably my best chance, but I need to get a trench coat, or hire someone to do the B&E!