newbie- looking at a grid system proposal

Hello,
I've been looking at proposals from several PV installers in the Tucson area and have one that I'm thinking might be the best.
I have a santa fe type flat roof with plenty of room to mount the panels at 25 degree's.
The installer proposes a 4.95kW grid tied system using 22 Schott poly 225 watt modules, a SMA 5000us inverter with sunnywebbox monitoring, all parts and installation for a grand total of $25,667
Estimated production = 718KWh / month
Tucson electric has approved me for $3 /watt rebate totaling $14,850 and a $3,245 federal tax credit. taking the total out of pocket to $7,572
Investment wise it's a no-brainer(I think) but I have questions about the modules-can't find much info about the Schott's, except they're made in New Mexico (a plus) that's owned by a German company. Reliable? warranty backing?

any advice and wisdom is appreciated!

Thanks

Dawgster

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: newbie- looking at a grid system proposal

i had no trouble finding it.
    http://www.schottsolar.com/global/products/photovoltaics/schott-poly-225/
  • drees
    drees Solar Expert Posts: 482 ✭✭✭

I've chatted a bit via email with a guy who has 21 Schott 170W panels on Enphase microinverters in Tuscon - they seem to perform well.

This is his system. The panels are angled at 40* facing south. In the spring when the sun is close to perpendicular to his panels the system hits nameplate output which is very good.

http://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com/public/systems/tL4K292

Now with the sun higher overhead and Arizona heat peak output is lower as expected but overall output remains good.
  • Roderick
    Roderick Solar Expert Posts: 253 ✭✭
    dawgster wrote: »
    Hello,
    ...Tucson electric has approved me for $3 /watt rebate totaling $14,850 and a $3,245 federal tax credit. taking the total out of pocket to $7,572
    Thanks

Dawgster

I'm not up on the current tax law, but I thought the federal credit was 30% of the price. Is it 30% of the net price after the Tucson rebate?
  • drees
    drees Solar Expert Posts: 482 ✭✭✭

Federal tax credits are applied after rebates.