FreeWare Xantrex XW monitoring software available

dlenox
dlenox Solar Expert Posts: 42
All,

If you are interested in a FreeWare software for monitoring Xantrex XW systems, we have officially released the first version called - PDLite.

The url for downloading this software can be found at:
http://www.briery.com/downloads.html

It is derived from the PowerDashboard software and has similar (but limited) capabilities. Some of the exclusions include:
- Reminders
- Warnings
- Remote Access
- Meters Page
- No support for Turbine
- No support for Dataq
- No support for Weather Station
- limited logging

Even with the limited logging the application can display
- instantaneous watts
- average watts
- today's watts
- month to date watts total

No registration is required and this software may freely be re-distributed. It is intended to act as a bridge for those that are not currently utilizing monitoring software.

It provides an econimical way to allow you to visualize how your system is working.

Dan Lenox

Comments

• nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Re: FreeWare Xantrex XW monitoring software available

Do you need a XW Inverter and Xw60 MPPT CC or can it be used with just a XW60 MPPT controller on its own as In my case.

Nigel
  • dlenox

Nigel,

No an XW inverter is not necessary.

The software works fine if using other inverter such as Outback as long as Xantrex XW SCC solar controller(s) are being used then data can be acquired from them.

Dan Lenox
  • nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭

Dan I apologise for my ignorance I have a single XW60 and a SW3024E inverter what lead connector would i need to hook up my XW to my pc :blush:

Nigel
  • Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭

You need a USB to CAN converter. 100+ plus gizmo

Xantrex sells a complete package, converter, XW system monitoring software which provides full logging of all available parameters which also allows firmware updates, list is like 400 bucks but can be had for less.
  • dlenox

Nigel,

SG is right some people call it a 'dongle'.

Our software support a number of dongles, and we sell one on our website for about $125. It is basically the same as what Xantrex sells except that instead of an RJ45, it has a DB9 connector.

Both are manufactured by Apox Controls, and both work with the XWConfig software that provides firmware updates. If needed our website also has the necessary drivers for installing this device onto your computer.

Dan