Solar deck lights

JetMech
JetMech Solar Expert Posts: 71 ✭✭✭✭
Anyone know where I can find some solar powered, flush mount deck/stair lights? I want to install them on the vertical side of a stairwell, so the kind with the built-in solar cells wouldn't work. I would need a set with a remote panel. So far all I can find are sets with the landscape style lights.

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
  • JetMech
    Re: Solar deck lights

No, those need exposure to the sun and would be mounted horizontally. I would need them on the front side of the stairs, rather than the tread. They wouldn't get any direct sunlight so I would have to have a separate panel that I could mount remotely.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

seeing as how you will be running wires to these due to no solar cells and not enough light availability you should shop for seperate components imo. get the type of lighting you need and wire it to a battery with a controller and remote pv. you may need to size things based on the consumption on the lights and the time that they are on.
  • dwh
    dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
    JetMech wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can find some solar powered, flush mount deck/stair lights? I want to install them on the vertical side of a stairwell, so the kind with the built-in solar cells wouldn't work. I would need a set with a remote panel. So far all I can find are sets with the landscape style lights.

You can get the lights at:

http://www.oznium.com/

Dig through their site...somewhere on there I've seen pics (action shots) of some of their stuff used for steps on a building.

You'll still have to rig up your own PV, charger and battery though.
  • JetMech
    niel wrote: »
    seeing as how you will be running wires to these due to no solar cells and not enough light availability you should shop for seperate components imo. get the type of lighting you need and wire it to a battery with a controller and remote pv. you may need to size things based on the consumption on the lights and the time that they are on.
    dwh wrote: »
    You can get the lights at:

http://www.oznium.com/

Dig through their site...somewhere on there I've seen pics (action shots) of some of their stuff used for steps on a building.

You'll still have to rig up your own PV, charger and battery though.

I was starting to wonder if that was my only option. OK, well I guess I can start researching stuff then. Perhaps something expanable so that I can add a few more lights in the future.
    Thanks!

BTW, is there a way to make the oldest post show up on top and the following posts come below so that the newest one is at the end?
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

You can change the order in your own user control panel I believe,

T
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,433 admin

Sort of upper left "User CP" / Edit-options

http://forum.solar-electric.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

"Linear, oldest first"

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • JetMech

Ahh, much better. Thanks fellas.