12v 600w pure sine wave inverter for sale soon

lamplight
lamplight Solar Expert Posts: 368 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
if interested let me know, going to post on ebay likely.

samlex, light use for about 1.5 yrs.

upgraded to 1000w but stilll have to swap them out sometime over the next couple weeks.

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: 12v 600w pure sine wave inverter for sale soon

i'm curious what loads you had on that inverter and what are your loads expanding to to make the change.
  • lamplight

Hey Neil

well as you may have picked up frm other threads im upgrading the system a bit.. currently the offgrid system is as described in my tagline (thanks to help from you and others here from a few years ago).

currently the webserver uses about 11-15watts 24/7. 1 multi LED prep area light in the kitchen, a LED closet light and a AC battery charger (for AA/AAA) as the regular loads. for seasonal availability i have AC extentions in my home office and a switch between grid and offgrid so that if its sunny like today im working everything direct off the solar. (computer/monitor/printer/ups and accessories). also i have an AC extension to the pellet stove but that rarely works out in winter with not enough sun.

i also have been able to seasonally run a small window AC on the 600w inverter in sunny weather if i kept the cooling power turned to low (or it trips the samlex inverter). i also run it through a true sine wav ups i got for this task to help handle some of the initial surge. its my hope to be able to run the AC with a little more cooling power with the new inverter. my buddy is a construction guy who is helping me make a mount for them a little higher too, to help with seasonal shading.

probably if i can swing it ill add new batts before the summer ends and increase capacity there by about 200 or so AH.
  • n3qik
    n3qik Solar Expert Posts: 741 ✭✭

Ok not the brightest here, but here goes.

Why put the AC on the off-grid system when you got a 1.9KW grid-tied ???
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

ken,
    i think i can answer that, at least partially, as i remember he has both types of systems gt and battery(not sure of gt on battery system) you can see another slant line below the obvious pvs in his pic and that i believe is another set of pvs(or at least where i remember them being) running parallel to his steps. like i said matt correct me if i'm wrong on any of that and add your 2 cents as i don't want to speak for you.
    btw matt. glad i helped you
  • lamplight

guys, neil unfortunately no, that is just some metal roofing, the grid tie pv is on the roof, unseen in the pic.

n3qik: well, anything i use on the offgrid system decreases my ongrid use by that much more, increasing the amount i pump back into the grid in summer time, giving me more payback (through savings and green tags), and that much closer to net zero (we're close but not quite).