Mariah machine

ws9876
ws9876 Solar Expert Posts: 440 ✭✭✭
has anyone seen this working..??? The contact email didnt work. Gee, how surprising.
Anyone know the price on these.???
Also, I noticed the new Wind Arrow looks like an upgrade to the Lakota.I guess the company bought the rights to the design or something. It should be for sale within a month. If its priced like the Lakota ,it might be a keeper. about 1.50 a watt.USD.

Comments

• JESSICA
    JESSICA Solar Expert Posts: 289 ✭✭
    Re: Mariah machine
    ws9876 wrote: »
    has anyone seen this working..??? The contact email didnt work. Gee, how surprising.
    Anyone know the price on these.???
    Also, I noticed the new Wind Arrow looks like an upgrade to the Lakota.I guess the company bought the rights to the design or something. It should be for sale within a month. If its priced like the Lakota ,it might be a keeper. about 1.50 a watt.USD.

Need a link in order to see the product.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Re: Mariah machine

Here is a small article and TV station report on the Mariah Power VAWT.

Looks like another VAWT... Even if engineered and built perfectly, still have the issue of needing a windy location and high enough tower to collect significant energy. As always, any video of any "home/small" wind turbine installed in an end user site seems to show the turbines hardly spinning.

For example, in the above link the only one running at speed is at a class 6 wind turbine test site.

Just looking at the size of the mounting pole/internal axis--I would be worried about flexing/failures (long/skinny central axial/hub).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset