which inverters can be put in parallel.

Options
al128
al128 Solar Expert Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭
Hi there, I am still debating my future setup - and would like to know if there are some (smallish) true sine inverters that can be put in parallel - to help grow the system and spread out any investment cost.

I was thinking something like 750w+750w (+ eventually 750w).

I know the Outbacks can be put in parallel but those are powerful pigs already ;) ... and somewhat pricey.

cheers
al

ps: crewzer, if you read this - pass it on to the outback folks ... a smallish, expandable inverter system that helps folks grow with their PVs w/out having to dump and replace inverters on and on ... (just think, how many of us have "upgraded" their too small inverter, by buying a completely new one paying for their learning experience:)

Comments

• nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: which inverters can be put in parallel.

OB Powerful pigs ? 6 watts ? in search mode guess you are planning to install a hamster farm for stackable generator wheel generation for back up.;) What practically off grid can u run with 750 watts when you know you will need 2250 watts eventually....just save and buy the right equpment for the job...stacking small sinewave inverters with the additional link up hardware will prove more expensive and complicated than a one stop purchase

Anyway not a USA native but I believe eltech do a 1000w inverter which is stackable and carries favor with most, although not mentioned much here or elsewhere, think NAWS likes and stocks em
  • crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Request noted! ;)

Regards,
    Jim / crewzer
  • nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Options

Guess that means watch this space........8) If outback do produce a baby Out Back Inverter Charger it might be called Perfect boB. Assuming it will have PFC charging like Magnum and new offerings from X. Perfect boB has a ring to it no ?
  • boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Well, I don't know about Perfect boB but I DO like your new avitar...

Also, be on the lookout for Parallelable Magnum inverters coming soon !

boB :D

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Perfect boB? now that's classic.:p:D couldn't resist boB.
  • al128
    al128 Solar Expert Posts: 65 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

thx for all that answered.

just to add some knowledge for anybody who might pull up this thread in the future.

My preliminary research showed that

Victron Energy's Phoenix MultiPlus Models (1200w/1600w/2000w) can be put in parallel as well - up to 6 units. Those are made in the Netherlands ...

cheers
    al