Solar powered 3D printer turns plastic waste at sea into furniture

RSSfeed
RSSfeed Registered Users Posts: 3,810 ✭✭
Out of the many garbage gyres present in various oceans on earth, the Great Pacific Garbage Patch is one of the largest and it has gained attention of many environmentalists and researchers repeatedly. It is a large patch covered with plastic rubbish. The patch is as large as that of entire Turkey,...

••• read more at SolarFeeds.com ••• solarfeed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA solarfeed?i=_Cq-HKjVT9c:QfBs56kTVeA:gIN9vFwOqvQ solarfeed?d=qj6IDK7rITs solarfeed?i=_Cq-HKjVT9c:QfBs56kTVeA:V_sGLiPBpWU solarfeed?d=dnMXMwOfBR0
_Cq-HKjVT9c

More...

Comments

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Solar powered 3D printer turns plastic waste at sea into furniture
    RSSfeed wrote: »
    Out of the many garbage gyres present in various oceans on earth, the Great Pacific Garbage Patch is one of the largest and it has gained attention of many environmentalists and researchers repeatedly. It is a large patch covered with plastic rubbish. The patch is as large as that of entire Turkey,...

••• read more at SolarFeeds.com •••
    Boo! Hiss!
    The authors started with plastic garbage washed up on shore, then moved on to plastic garbage captured in a fisherman's net at sea.
    The next step to capturing the bulk of the plastic contents of the Pacific Gyre would require filtering out what they admit in the story are mainly microparticles, not chunks of plastic.
    I do not expect much to come from this effort, but it does get good publicity.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.